[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Latest Firmware

Latest Firmware

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Re: Latest Firmware

Postby Malginn » 22 Jul 2010, 13:23

New "Official Firmware 1.8.4" Released 14/07/2010

Download from http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/download/default.aspx?pGroup=TViX%20PVR&act=RD&pSerial=34

Release Notes :

Bellow are the changes from firmware version 1.8.2
----------------------------------------------
[PVR PART]
1. Fixes the recording problem according to broadcasting stations. Also fixes program naming problem of recording files.

2. Fixes the consecutive recording sessions problem.

3. Fixes the Australian ABC-HD audio problem.

4. Fixes the channel scanning problem of T371 hybrid tuner.

[Multimedia Player/ Others]
1. Improves subtitle
- Supports multi-language at SMI subtitle.
- Supports tinted subtitle (color/ underline/ italic)
- Supports unicode (UTF8/UTF16) of SRT/SMI
- Supports auto-alignment of subtitle, if subtitle is too long.

2. Fixes the broken character problem at Netshare multi-lingual.

Thanks.
Malginn

Postby Malginn » 22 Jul 2010, 13:58

I have loaded the new firmware successfully. The only hitch was that after the upgrade the machine rebooted and then froze. After a manual reboot it started properly.

I did a channel scan and now the Channel 9 family (HD, SD and Go!) is properly scanned - I believe this was only a problem in SA.

EPG looks a little different but still doesn't seem to address the EST/CST time difference properly - I'll continue to use manual time setting. EPG is still extremely slow to load.

I'll post further if I see anything else of interest.
Malginn

Postby glennmag » 24 Jul 2010, 03:07

1. Fixes the recording problem according to broadcasting stations. Also fixes program naming problem of recording files.
YAY!
2. Fixes the consecutive recording sessions problem.
WOOHOO!
Ummm, what problem is that?
Great news if you have one.

Will update and test 2morrow.
glennmag

Postby Ryan555 » 24 Jul 2010, 15:52

glennmag wrote:1.
Ummm, what problem is that?
Great news if you have one.

Will update and test 2morrow.

I don't get sound on ABC News 24 so hopefully "ABC-HD audio problem" will fix this once I load the latest firmware.
Maybe they mean Dual DVB-T Tuner - T441 instead of T371? Not sure what the fix is?
Ryan555

Postby glennmag » 25 Jul 2010, 02:29

I hadnt seen the ABC HD audio issue in the forums anywhere, so it was news to me. Hope this firmware sorts it out for you.
Just a heads up- updating to this firmware will erase all scheduled recordings.
Havent had time to test the "back to back recording" fix yet. Its gonna take me a while to manually set up my recording list again.
As reported, the EPG recording option is STILL unusable due to its clock being out of whack. I had really hoped they could have fixed that by now.
glennmag

Postby MediaLive » 03 Aug 2010, 19:56

MediaLive

Postby glennmag » 04 Aug 2010, 02:28

Thanks for the link to this one Medialive.

TViX 3300 Betal Firmware 1.8.5[0] change log for those interested.

Bellow are the changes from firmware version 1.8.2
[PVR PART]
1. Fixes the booting problem of schedule recording.
2. Fixes the recording problem according to broadcasting stations. Also fixes program naming problem of recording files.

3. Fixes the consecutive recording sessions problem.

4. Fixes the Australian ABC-HD audio problem.

5. Fixes the channel scanning problem of T371 hybrid tuner.

[Multimedia Player/ Others]
1. Improves subtitle
- Supports multi-language at SMI subtitle.
- Supports tinted subtitle (color/ underline/ italic)
- Supports unicode (UTF8/UTF16) of SRT/SMI
- Supports auto-alignment of subtitle, if subtitle is too long.

2. Fixes the broken character problem at Netshare multi-lingual.

Once again, this upgrade will delete all programmed scheduled recordings (and I just had mine all set up again!)
I'm most interested in "1. Fixes the booting problem of schedule recording." I've had a couple of problems with the tVix not booting for a recording lately.
The box gets stuck on "wait". Hopefully this will fix it.

Still waiting for Ice TV support, EPG clock fix, EPG time padding and the ability to delete radio stations.
glennmag

Postby Malginn » 05 Aug 2010, 17:41

It looks like the only extra in the 1.8.5 beta is the "1. Fixes the booting problem of schedule recording."

I have missed a few recordings in the past so this may get me using scheduled recording again. I upgraded my Foxtel to IQ2 recently so now I mostly use that for recording if I don't want to keep something permanently.

Its good to know Dvico are still on the case though :!:
Malginn

Previous

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330