[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Bugs and Fixes

Bugs and Fixes

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Bugs and Fixes

Postby glennmag » 07 Oct 2009, 14:48

Thought I'd start a thread where we can post our bugs and (possible) solutions.

Back to back recordings: the finish time of one recording and the start time of the next cannot be the same even though the unit will allow you to set this schedule. Insert a 1 minute gap between the end and start times and it will record properly.

Manually set the clock. Auto is all over the place and will result in missed recordings and lots of swearing.

If your TV HDMI drops signal every now and then for a second or so, try changing the audio output setting of your TViX to analog/PCM. (my Sammy full hidef was dropping hdmi when the tvix was set to digital raw. according to samsung this is possibly a HDCP hiccup- im still awaiting a more definitive response from them).
If your Tv is dropping HDMI more often or not getting a signal at all try another HDMI cable. Dont think the more expensive cables are better. I replaced my $59 cable (which failed after a week) with a $20 1.5m cable from Kmart which is working great.

Reboots and freezes. OK this is a major gripe in all the user forums. The TViX doesnt respond well to too much processor/memory load. From my experience, take it easy and you should be OK. If you are still getting lock-ups try setting the fan to high 2, take it easier and cross your fingers. Dvico know reliability is an issue as every firmware release addresses it in one way or another.

Contacting support. What nightmare this is! OK, thanks to stdanjo "To contact DVICO/TVIX is quite a complicated system, first log in, then go to MY Q&A which brings up the list of FAQs, at the bottom right is a button that says 'write' click that and you can put in your question, you get an automated response to say they are looking at it and then takes about 4/5 days for an actual response".
I'll just add that you must also title your query in the boxes at the top of the write form or the submit/write button wont work.
glennmag

Re: Bugs and Fixes

Postby glennmag » 13 Oct 2009, 16:48

Im having problems playing back files recorded from ABC2. The file is there and it plays fine when transfered to my PC. Anyone else have issues with the TViX not playing its own recordings?
glennmag

Postby inter111 » 20 Nov 2009, 08:58

I've had the unit about a week now. I bought this unit to primarily record Austar as well as HDTV.

The big problem I have is when you set the unit to record off the AV input and switch off it will record HDTV instead of the AV input. It is unable to record Austar unless the unit is left permanently on. So if you want to record multiple programs during the course of a day you're out of luck. I haven't had it long enough to experiment further but I believe it switches off after every set recording as well.
inter111

Postby MediaLive » 20 Nov 2009, 15:27

inter111 wrote:I've had the unit about a week now. I bought this unit to primarily record Austar as well as HDTV.

The big problem I have is when you set the unit to record off the AV input and switch off it will record HDTV instead of the AV input. It is unable to record Austar unless the unit is left permanently on. So if you want to record multiple programs during the course of a day you're out of luck. I haven't had it long enough to experiment further but I believe it switches off after every set recording as well.

The first thing to do is ensure that you have the latest firmware, then also read this
http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/faq/default.a ... &SCATID=26
MediaLive

Postby inter111 » 22 Nov 2009, 10:47

I have the latest firmware (1.82) and have been programming as per the link you posted. The problem I described is a bug which unfortunately is rather annoying.
inter111

Postby MediaLive » 22 Nov 2009, 21:52

inter111 wrote:I have the latest firmware (1.82) and have been programming as per the link you posted. The problem I described is a bug which unfortunately is rather annoying.
I suggest you report it to DVICO, I can't replicate the issue you mention, I scheduled 3 recordings from the analog input and all three were recorded as required.
MediaLive

Postby inter111 » 22 Nov 2009, 22:32

Just confirming that you turned the machine off after setting the recording. The problem only occurs if you schedule a recording and turn the machine off. When it powers on to record at the set time it will record a HDTV channel instead of the AV input even though the machine was set to record off the AV input.

If I leave the machine on when it is set to record the AV input it will record the AV input no problem. Can you please confirm if you have the same issue listed above.

Thank you
inter111

Postby WolfDwolF » 23 Nov 2009, 20:00

Just want to confirm what inter111 says - I have experienced the same problem with my 3300.
Dam thing records HDTV channel when I schedule AV input ( S-Video ) recording. Im using latest firmware 1.8.2.
I did report it to Dvico a couple of weeks back ( Nov 11 ) - they replied same day with:-

Sorry about all your inconveniences.
This is strange.
We checked a S-video schedule recording and don''t have a problem.
We''ll check it again.

Havent heard anything from them since then.
WolfDwolF

Postby inter111 » 23 Nov 2009, 23:01

Thanks WolfDwolF,

I appreciate the response.
inter111

Postby MediaLive » 24 Nov 2009, 07:48

inter111 wrote:Just confirming that you turned the machine off after setting the recording. The problem only occurs if you schedule a recording and turn the machine off. When it powers on to record at the set time it will record a HDTV channel instead of the AV input even though the machine was set to record off the AV input.

If I leave the machine on when it is set to record the AV input it will record the AV input no problem. Can you please confirm if you have the same issue listed above.

Thank you

Yes, the 3300 was turned off (via the remote) and the source was on out-putting via S-video

I don't have an Austar box to try so can not comment on that, but as previously said one pre-condition to being able to record is that the source device (ie your Austar box) must be on and sending the AV out via the relevant output, in order for the 3300 to be able to record it.
Can you explain how you have connected your STB to your display and to the 3300 analog input? Is it connected to both at the same time? what connection are you using to your TV?
If you email our support team with all the details, we will forward your email to DVICO for attention.
In the meantime suggest you leave the 3300 on for recording from analog inputs if that is working for you.
MediaLive

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330