[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - DVB subtitles

DVB subtitles

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

DVB subtitles

Postby maestroz » 03 Oct 2009, 21:00

Hi,
DVB-T subtitles is something I expect since I bought my Tivx player. Dvico doesn't seem to care about that feature.
Anyway I recorded a cartoon for my daughter and started to play with de tp file in VLC player (videolan.org). I checked the media properties, and here is what I discovered :
1 video stream is declared (of course)
2 audio streams, first in french, second in english (the second is declared bur not present)
2 subtitles streams, one for the hearing impaired, the second just plain french (codev dvbs)

the cartoon I recorded was in french with hearing impaired subtitles and that's exactly what you get in the stream file
and when I play the tp file in vlc and choose the hearing impaired subtitle, it works !! the subtitle is displayed.
Which means, the tivx tuner receives the subtitles, the recording contains the subtitles but the player doesn't restitute the subtitles because I think it doesn't support the dvdbs codec.
If this is really the case, I'm really disappointed because a player with DVB-T capabilities that doesn't even support the basic DVB codecs is really a joke.

Maestroz a french Tvix user more and more disappointed by the device
maestroz

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330