[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Another Newbs Review - First Days

Another Newbs Review - First Days

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Another Newbs Review - First Days

Postby blipblip » 28 Aug 2009, 10:43

Its Not bad !

Im running this on a big CRT RPTV. No Hard Drive Yet.
Ive set up NFS Netshare to both my Laptops, streams over wifi to router then cable from Router to TVIX3330...works fine no stuttering.

Ive had a few STB, its difficult to compare the tivix as it has a lot of feature the other boxes did not have.

And Im still got to get a HD and play with the PVR !

TVIX 3330
The Tuner picture Quaity is a 6.5/10 - (it pixelates with motion just a bit..though this comment is for my Low Res TV 576i) perhaps better at higher res.
The sensitivity fo the Dual Tuner I give an 9/10
Features per price Id give an 8.5/10
Tvix Support Id give a 9/10 (firmware updates so far regular!)

STRONG 5440 Single Tuner PVR Ready
The Tuner picture Quaity is a 9/10.
The sensitivity for the Single Tuner I give a 6/10
Features per price Id give an 7/10
Strong Support Id give a 5/10 (no firmware updates so far!)

Best Features of the TVIX
Streaming Video/Songs from Laptop no problem ! Picture Quality is good !

Worst
Its rebooted a couple of times whilst menu hopping.
The Menus could made to be more user friendly.
blipblip

Re: Another Newbs Review - First Days

Postby blipblip » 30 Aug 2009, 11:35

I just realised that I can stream DVD's from the Laptop from disc...I had thought this would not work for Lag ......but absolutely no stutter at all.....Picture Quality of Streamed DVD's is excellent.

Im streaming across local wireless from Laptop and then across Cat5e cable to Tvix 3330

So far the streaming works well..with 2 laptops and a PC sharing their media to the Tvix using a combination of Netshare NFS shares set up on them all..no problems.
blipblip

Postby glennmag » 31 Aug 2009, 01:08

So the PC DVD drive is set up as a netshare? Brilliant! I never thought of doing that. Thanks for the info. Bought 3 new DVDs yesterday and then spent the next hour decrypting them to ISO images on my hard drive so i could view them through the TVix.
I havent had the pixelation problem with mine, and im using an old CRT TV too... Perhaps, as you suggested, it is a resolution problem. Im running the TVix on PAL, not PAL 576i setting. Use the TV out button on the remote and keep punching it till you get to PAL.
The reboots are a problem for me too. And they seem random. So far ive had a freeze/reboot when hitting 15sec jumps on a recorded show, scanning through network folders for media, changing tv channels, starting an instant record and trying to change to another channel... each time its something different. I swear it must be heat related as the box does seem to run warm.
glennmag

Postby blipblip » 31 Aug 2009, 22:21

Hi Glennmag

Your post prompted me to have a play with the Tv-out button..Im sure Id tried this before but perhaps not.
I found I was running on PAL..but isnt that 576i anyway ?!

So I tried 576P....it looks fractionally better to me..or perhaps its just placebo :!: ..still pixelates a little on fast scene or movement changes.

Heat...Ive raise mine off the shelve and increased fan speed to high2...will see how we go.
Im not confident at the moment that I dont have some kind of problem with the unit.
blipblip

Postby blipblip » 06 Sep 2009, 18:18

After a week or so.

Im quite happy with the PQ...after messing with my TV and the TVIX Picture adjustments it's looking really good !

Hangups....this seems to occur when trying either Prime HD or SBS HD..for some reason now and again locks up and one has to go to another channel then go back to Prime or SBS and hope it locks on OK.

Reboots seem to occur (for me at least ) when I traverse the menus..or menu hopping.
blipblip

Postby blipblip » 18 Sep 2009, 16:46

Well the news is..Ive had to give mine back ...so many lockups and reboots all intermittant..

Au revoir All.
blipblip

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330