[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Newbies review

Newbies review

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Re: Newbies review

Postby stdanjo » 24 Sep 2009, 10:27

Hi I have emailed DVICO too, or hope I have as I could only find the 'don't email support here' bit. Does anyone have a direct e-mail address for DVICO support?

Let you know if I get a response.
stdanjo

Postby glennmag » 26 Sep 2009, 14:55

Sorry to hear about the SA problems with WIN 9 are still an issue.
Yes, Im in Perth and i can report that im getting all the 9 station content (including "go") through the TVix.

Im still getting a recording error at least once a week. Always the file is there but the box refuses to play it back. I get a red window saying "cancel playback" and an OK button. Move the file over to my PC, convert it in MPEG Streamclip and its fine. Grrrrr its bloody frustrating!

On a positive note- the box is running well. Only 1 crash all month. Streaming network content is awesome, as is content from from an attached USB hard drive.
Finally got my full hi def lcd panel (grabbed a 32" sammy for the bedroom- $895 from good guys Perth) and everything is SWEET. Running component until i get a hdmi cable, but sound and pic quality is great.
glennmag

Postby glennmag » 03 Oct 2009, 02:46

OK... finally got myself a HDMI cable to connect the TViX to my new 32" full hi-def samsung lcd. LOVELY. Nice and neat. 1 cable replaces 5 leads.

Had an intermittent problem with the sammy losing the HDMI signal, but after much fiddling around with settings both on the tv and TViX, and 3 days of googling for possible solutions, i discovered you MUST set the audio output on the TViX to analog/PCM. Setting it to raw digital causes some kind of HDMI conflict resulting in a dropped signal..

Still having problems with recordings being there but unable to play. The "stop/ warning/ cancel playback" issue. Only happens when i record a show on ABC2 for some strange reason. Im still trying to figure this one out... Any ideas?

Crashes and reboots are now a rarity. The box doesnt like too much going on. Possibly a processor speed/memory thing. If you take things nice and slow with the remote, dont try to watch a movie and transfer files at the same time or switch franticly between HDTV and any other folder, you should be ok. Just dont make the thing work too hard.
glennmag

Postby glennmag » 03 Oct 2009, 14:48

New HDMI issue.
Booted up the TVix this morning, get the TViX logo ok, screen goes blank and stays blank even after the TViX is displaying HDTV on its led screen. Had to hook component leads back up to see whats going on.
After some searches on the internet i believe i have a HDMI handshake problem between the TViX and the Sammy. Seems to be a hiccup when the resolution changes between the TViX boot screen 720x480@60Hz and the TViX menu screen which i have set to output at 1920x1080i@60Hz.
Samsung support thinks its because the TVix is only HDMI 1.1 and the Sammy is HDMI 1.3.
They suggest requesting a TViX firmware update to get the HDMI port up to current specs but im not so sure. There seems to be alot of probs out there re: Sammy HDMI ports and external devices like PS3s, Popcorns etc.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?
glennmag

Postby Malginn » 03 Oct 2009, 17:02

Glennmag .. I use a HDMI1.3 cable to a Panasonic LCD which I think is also 1.3 (the manual isn't too clear) and that hasn't had any problems.

I have struck another little problem though. On some recorded files fast forward doesn't work. It has only occurred on two programs recorded from OneHD - most OneHD and other channels' programs, other AVIs, mpeg2s etc fast forward correctly.

What happens is that you press FF and the picture freezes and then clicks over a frame at a time every 5-10 seconds or so - in fact the precise opposite of "fast forward". At the same time the program elapsed time display on the PVR screen fast forwards like crazy and continues to do so even after you leave FF mode.

I'm starting to get a lemony taste in my mouth.
Malginn

Postby glennmag » 03 Oct 2009, 19:41

Thanks Malginn... Ive outlined my problem to both Samsung and Dvico- hopefully they can shed more light on this HDMI handshake glitch. Borrowing another HDMI lead tomorrow- maybe ive just got a crappy cable.

I havent encountered any issues with FFing recorded files. Im recording at "SP" mode if thats any help. Nice balance between quality and file size. Give that a whack and see how ya go.
glennmag

Postby glennmag » 05 Oct 2009, 00:52

OK.... MediaLive- how do we email DVICO support?
I seem to be going in an endless loop here. My "Q&A" offers a write section but no submit button.
Tried "secession" whatever that is meant to be, hit both the korean language buttons at the bottom, but nothing seems to be happening there either.
I am registered but cant get my head around the bilingual support pages.
glennmag

Postby stdanjo » 05 Oct 2009, 09:59

To contact DVICO/TVIX is quite a comlplicated system, first log in, then go to MY Q&A which brings up the list of FAQs, at the bottom right is a button that says 'write' click that and you can put in your question, you get an automated response to say they are looking at it and then takes about 4/5 days for an actual response.

I have had my response to the loss of Channel 9 today and basically they say it has been logged and they are working on a solution. Not much else they could say really! Just hope its sooner rather than later.
stdanjo

Postby glennmag » 05 Oct 2009, 10:45

Cheers stdanjo... thought id already tried that option. I'll give it another go.
glennmag

Postby lonestarr » 06 Oct 2009, 09:39

Yes, the support / Q&A worked for me last week - and they replied in 15 minutes. The reply came from "webmail@dvico.com", but they have not answered my reply yet - so not sure if they will answer emails directly to the address.

Anyway, I am wondering if other R-3300 owners have experience motion judder issues with Xvid files (24 Hz) with this device. Especially US TV shows like NCIS or Flash Forward seem to be especially juddery. Have also noticed this with 24 hz progressive movies as well. They seem to play a lot better on my old DivX player (cheap Soniq DVD player) with the same HDMI cable and mode (720p / 50 or 60 Hz). Some other TV shows are in 29.9 or 30 Hz and are fine when I set 60 Hz on the device (1080i or 720p / 60). The files with issues also play a lot better on my laptop (VLC).

Basically it looks / feels like the framerate is much less than 24 hz (more like 15). All my tests have not really helped, but it seems to be the R-3300, since the TV, cable etc. is fine. Also, live and recorded DVB-T looks fine, it's just (some) 24 (or 23.9x) Hz Xvid AVIs that are my issue. Sound is fine though. Also no difference between playing from HD, USB or Netshare.

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : AdvancedSimple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Duration : 1h 45mn
Bit rate : 813 Kbps
Width : 672 pixels
Height : 288 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.175
Stream size : 616 MiB (88%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Any ideas? Can other R-3300 owners confirm that?
lonestarr

PreviousNext

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330