[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Newbies review

Newbies review

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Re: Newbies review

Postby glennmag » 19 Sep 2009, 00:57

welcome lonestarr.
reboots- try updating firmware to 1.8.2 public release and run your fan on speed2. i havent had a freeze/reboot running this configuration. (fingers crossed)
dual recording is a promised feature- as is the ability to record and watch streaming content etc. i hope they can get this sorted soon.
glennmag
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Aug 2009, 14:00

Re: Newbies review

Postby Marcus » 22 Sep 2009, 13:41

Malginn wrote:Thanks for tip Glennmag - no joy however. I'm going to do some more digging to find out just what WIN did and then follow up with the Dvico people. Cheers


Hi,
I have just bought a Dvico TVIX R-3330 and am having the same problems as Malginn - not being able to receive any of the channel 9's. I also live in South Australia. I have tried the various things outlined in this forum with no success. I do not believe the problem I am having is signal strength related as it is a new antenna installation and the PVR does show good signal strength on all the other channels that it receives. A friends STB reliably tunes in all the channels at my house, with 90% signal strength indicated on channel 9, 9HD & GO on his STB.
The firmware installed in the R-3330 is 1.8.2.

Has anyone else had problems in SA with this model PVR?
Did you get an answer from WIN or Dvico into what the problem might be or what can be done to fix it?

Great little PVR otherwise, unfortunately it does not pick up 3 channels.
Marcus
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 00:17
Location: Adelaide

Re: Newbies review

Postby MediaLive » 22 Sep 2009, 16:00

Marcus wrote:
Malginn wrote:Thanks for tip Glennmag - no joy however. I'm going to do some more digging to find out just what WIN did and then follow up with the Dvico people. Cheers


Hi,
I have just bought a Dvico TVIX R-3330 and am having the same problems as Malginn - not being able to receive any of the channel 9's. I also live in South Australia. I have tried the various things outlined in this forum with no success. I do not believe the problem I am having is signal strength related as it is a new antenna installation and the PVR does show good signal strength on all the other channels that it receives. A friends STB reliably tunes in all the channels at my house, with 90% signal strength indicated on channel 9, 9HD & GO on his STB.
The firmware installed in the R-3330 is 1.8.2.

Has anyone else had problems in SA with this model PVR?
Did you get an answer from WIN or Dvico into what the problem might be or what can be done to fix it?

Great little PVR otherwise, unfortunately it does not pick up 3 channels.
Suggest you log a report to DVICO making sure that you tell them what the frequency for channel nine in Adelaide is.
User avatar
MediaLive
 
Posts: 164
Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 23:46

Re: Newbies review

Postby stdanjo » 23 Sep 2009, 15:54

Same as the other posters I am also in adelaide, had the 1.8.0 beta software running with all channel 9 stuff - hd and go! on ch 99 right up until 2 days ago when I updated firmware to public 1.8.2 to try and help with a couple of programmes recording but not able to play back, and now no channel 9. Rolling back the firmware has made no difference either. (wish I had read this first then I would never have touched it :( )

I know you recomended contacting manufacturer but where do I find their address, I could only find a sales address on their website.

Also, there isn;t a 'manual' tuning feature that I have missed is there?



MediaLive wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Malginn wrote:Thanks for tip Glennmag - no joy however. I'm going to do some more digging to find out just what WIN did and then follow up with the Dvico people. Cheers


Hi,
I have just bought a Dvico TVIX R-3330 and am having the same problems as Malginn - not being able to receive any of the channel 9's. I also live in South Australia. I have tried the various things outlined in this forum with no success. I do not believe the problem I am having is signal strength related as it is a new antenna installation and the PVR does show good signal strength on all the other channels that it receives. A friends STB reliably tunes in all the channels at my house, with 90% signal strength indicated on channel 9, 9HD & GO on his STB.
The firmware installed in the R-3330 is 1.8.2.

Has anyone else had problems in SA with this model PVR?
Did you get an answer from WIN or Dvico into what the problem might be or what can be done to fix it?

Great little PVR otherwise, unfortunately it does not pick up 3 channels.
Suggest you log a report to DVICO making sure that you tell them what the frequency for channel nine in Adelaide is.
stdanjo
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 15:33

Re: Newbies review

Postby MediaLive » 23 Sep 2009, 16:36

stdanjo wrote:
I know you recomended contacting manufacturer but where do I find their address, I could only find a sales address on their website.
you must register, then log your support questions
http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/member/memberInfo.aspx
User avatar
MediaLive
 
Posts: 164
Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 23:46

Re: Newbies review

Postby Malginn » 23 Sep 2009, 17:21

I have created an account there so I'll log a bug now. Will copy the content back here when I'm done.
Malginn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 21:19

Re: Newbies review

Postby Malginn » 23 Sep 2009, 17:59

OK - I've been over on the Dvico "My Q&A" trying to log this problem. They have changed the website since I was last on it and I think it is broken. Certainly it gave me no indication that my post had been accepted. Underneath the text box to enter my question there were two buttons - but they were both labelled in Korean and neither of them seem to do anything.

Anyway I tried to post this explanation of what is happening.

MediaLive - do you have any way of finding out if my post hit their site? If not can you forward requests like this directly to them?

My Question :

Hi ... I have been having a problem with my R-3300 w/T441 dual tuner that has also been experienced by a number of other users in my state of South Australia.

Recently the local 9 network added an additional channel (channel 99) and, I believe, made some technical changes to the way they broadcast that and their other channels (9 and 90). As a result the T441 no longer located any of these channels. I have tried rescanning several times including resetting the PVR to factory defaults and rescanning but the T441 does not find them.

My TV set (Panasonic TX-32LZD800A) can locate all three channels. Discussion I have seen on several forums indicates that a range of PVRs and some TVs cannot locate these channels, possibly because of the change made to the way they are broadcast in this state.

I don't know the technicalities of changes they made. The network broadcasts on 191.625 Mhz and some posters have referred to this as having a 125khz offset.

Can you please advise if the tuner should be able to pick up these stations and whether a firmware fix can address the problem.

Thanks ... Mal
Malginn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 21:19

Re: Newbies review

Postby stdanjo » 23 Sep 2009, 21:15

Nice one Mal, let us know how you go. Like I said in my post it definately can pick up the channels post switch over as I had them (9, 9HD and 99 Go, as recently as Monday of this week, - 21st September with the 1.8.0 beta firmware, so it can physically do it Just not now. If you get a response I'll look at sending an e-mail too.
Personally I can live without 95% of nine but I'm in trouble if I can't get getaway back!

Cheers
stdanjo
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 15:33

Re: Newbies review

Postby Marcus » 23 Sep 2009, 22:44

Hi Mal,

Just an update that I logged my problem with Dvico and got an email reply that they received the report and believe it has something to do with the channel frequency. Perhaps there is something in the +125kHz frequency offset on Channel 9 that the R-3330 does not lock in on when it does the channel scanning?
Hopefully with enough people reporting problems on tuning Ch 9 will result in a fix from Dvico.
BTW the original firmware version in the unit when I purchased it was 1.7.4, which also did not tune in channel 9. I updated it with 1.8.2 in the hope that would work.
Do we know if this problem is unique to South Australia? I have seen some problems mentioned on other forums in Perth back in 2008 but not on Dvico product.

Cheers,
Marcus.
Marcus
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 00:17
Location: Adelaide

Re: Newbies review

Postby Malginn » 24 Sep 2009, 08:52

Marcus/Stdanjo - AFAIK its Adelaide only but the same thing may have happened in Perth - see :

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1260604.html

- that talks of Perth and Adelaide getting the same treatment from WIN TV so ...???

Are their any Perth 3300 users on this board who can confirm that they get the Ch 9s OK?

I definitely had at least 9 and 9HD working on 1.7.4 - I can't recall if they disappeared when I tried to scan for 99 or when I needed a rescan after I upgraded to 1.8.2 beta. Personally its no loss - I can watch them all live and I have 3 other ways to record them. But apart from the cricket ......
Malginn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 21:19

PreviousNext

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron