[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Dual DVB-T Tuner

Dual DVB-T Tuner

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Dual DVB-T Tuner

Postby MediaLive » 26 Nov 2008, 08:27

This is to let you know that we now have a couple of dual tuner samples and will be testing them as soon as we have the supporting firmware, which is expected to be completed in December.
MediaLive

Re: Dual DVB-T Tuner

Postby MediaLive » 18 Dec 2008, 17:31

An update on this - the dual tuner hardware is ready and working well.
Firmware is being worked on now and It is expected that the dual tuner module will be mass produced and released in February.

Cheers
MediaLive

Postby toss01 » 11 Apr 2009, 10:51

Hi,

Is there a new firmware out there for the 3300 to deal witht he dual tuner. I received mine yesterday and it has caused me nothign but trouble. At first it was acting like a single tuner and only recording the one show and unable to change channel.

Then today I've gone to use it and now the audio for everything doesn't seem to work properly.

I have it connected to the TV through red white and yellow cables.

If I go to watch digital TV or play and AVI the volume is very low. I normally had the volume on at 25 for the TVIX and around 40 on my TV.

Now I have to put it up to 90 to even be able to hear anything and it is coming out distorted.

Tried on a different TV and its the same issue.

Anyone suffered this problem before? I guess not as the dual tuner is pretty new but I'm losing my mind here, no amount of resetting seems to fix it.
toss01

Postby MediaLive » 11 Apr 2009, 17:52

Where did you purchase your 3300 with dual tuner from?
The firmware that support dual tuner in the 3300 series TViX is not yet ready, the tuner can only be used a single tuner.
MediaLive

Postby toss01 » 12 Apr 2009, 18:24

I originally tried to purchase the single tuner version from exatek.com.au but then they told me to buy the 3300 and then buy the dual tuner when it comes in.

I've been using it for the past couple of weeks without a tuner which came in a couple of days ago. But now there is firmware issues I understand.

Also as a test I went and plugged it in with a HDMI cable and the audio works find, so it seems like it is something with the composite cables. But my sister has an old set so composite cables are all she can use, so it only half solves my issue.

Anyways, any idea when the firmware is coming?

I wanted to buy another one for myself after I finished testing this version and I'll buy it from this site as at least there are knowledgeable people here.
toss01

Postby MediaLive » 14 Apr 2009, 21:02

toss01 wrote:
Anyways, any idea when the firmware is coming?
Should be ready soon, we will post here when ready.
MediaLive

Postby toss01 » 06 May 2009, 10:52

Cool,

Any latest news on the firmware?

Cheers

Chris
toss01

Postby Davomax » 16 Jun 2009, 08:32

toss01 wrote:Hi,

Is there a new firmware out there for the 3300 to deal witht he dual tuner. I received mine yesterday and it has caused me nothign but trouble. At first it was acting like a single tuner and only recording the one show and unable to change channel.

Then today I've gone to use it and now the audio for everything doesn't seem to work properly.

I have it connected to the TV through red white and yellow cables.

If I go to watch digital TV or play and AVI the volume is very low. I normally had the volume on at 25 for the TVIX and around 40 on my TV.

Now I have to put it up to 90 to even be able to hear anything and it is coming out distorted.

Tried on a different TV and its the same issue.

Anyone suffered this problem before? I guess not as the dual tuner is pretty new but I'm losing my mind here, no amount of resetting seems to fix it.

Toss01, did you end up getting a resolution to your low volume problem? I have the same thing: the 3330 was working nicely for about 2 months then all of a sudden, the volume drops to about a quarter requiring the telly volume to be put up, like you said from 25 to around 40.
Davomax

Postby MediaLive » 16 Jun 2009, 08:47

Are you using the RCA analog stereo output?
Try HDMI or coaxial digital audio out.
MediaLive

Postby Davomax » 16 Jun 2009, 21:44

MediaLive wrote:Are you using the RCA analog stereo output?
Try HDMI or coaxial digital audio out.

Yep, same as Toss01 - RCA leads. I haven't yet got myself a nice flat screen with HDMI, digital or coax inputs, so I can't test that. Hopefully in a few months, but for the time being I have to use the RCAs.
Davomax

Next

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330