[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Dual DVB-T Tuner

Dual DVB-T Tuner

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Re: Dual DVB-T Tuner

Postby Ryan555 » 15 Dec 2009, 21:31

MediaLive wrote:yes it could be a faulty tuner or you don't have a dual tuner. take it out and have a look at the model number, it should be T-441

On the box for the tuner it states T441, I will try a check whats written on the tuner itself, is there an easy way of removing the tuner? I have unlocked it and tried using a 20c piece to remove it but its not budging at the moment.
Ryan555

Postby MediaLive » 18 Dec 2009, 21:16

Ryan555 wrote:
MediaLive wrote:yes it could be a faulty tuner or you don't have a dual tuner. take it out and have a look at the model number, it should be T-441

On the box for the tuner it states T441, I will try a check whats written on the tuner itself, is there an easy way of removing the tuner? I have unlocked it and tried using a 20c piece to remove it but its not budging at the moment.

I usually use a 10c coin, press it down until it click, then pull it out.
MediaLive

Postby Ryan555 » 24 Dec 2009, 14:16

Thanks that did the trick. The tuner is a T-441. So guess the tuner might be faulty? I will contact you once I get back from holidays.
Ryan555

Postby inter111 » 16 Jan 2010, 07:01

Any idea on how long until new firmware arrives?
inter111

Postby toss01 » 19 Feb 2010, 14:01

dont expect an update, tvix is a hoax

they make you buy stuff, dont support it and then just release new models

no support whatsoever.. they only pushed out dual tuner as some kind of second thought and then ignore anyones requests for a stable cleaner firmware release.

I was willing to support his company for ages even after I kept getting faulty units.

i feel sorry for anyone that bought a 2220 or 3330

How can you even sell it still on your website 9and list it as new) when tvix themselves dont even support it... very dodgy
toss01

Postby MediaLive » 21 Feb 2010, 21:28

Not sure what your issue is, we support the products we sell and as for DVICO, they are amongst the best there is, that does not mean they are blameless, but in this industry things change very fast and new models are out all the time, so what might be new today is old tomorrow.
My suggestion is that one should purchase a product for what it does today, not what it might do tomorrow.
MediaLive

Postby toss01 » 22 Feb 2010, 13:05

I understand how technology works, my point is new models should come out, it doesn't mean they should drop support straight away and not offer firmware updates. The fact it is still being sold by you and shown on their website would mean to a consumer its a current version that would continue to see support and bugs ironed out.

Do you think microsoft would get very far if they dropped support for vista now that windows 7 is out?
toss01

Postby Caracatus » 11 May 2010, 10:47

Recently purchased TVIX HD-R 3300 with Dual Tuner, and have a couple of issues I need help with, please.

1. How do you use the Dual Tuner? I can watch, I can record, but I can't do both (on seperate channels). Manual supplied is obvioulsy from a Single Tuner variant, since it categorically state you CANNOT record one, and watch a second channel.

2. Off Tuner topic, I have an issue with unit startup. It takes several attempts with the remote before the unit displays "BOOT", and then activates. Why is this? I have to keep trying with the remote before this happens, though.

Cheer

Caracatus
Caracatus

Postby MediaLive » 11 May 2010, 18:30

Caracatus wrote:Recently purchased TVIX HD-R 3300 with Dual Tuner, and have a couple of issues I need help with, please.

1. How do you use the Dual Tuner? I can watch, I can record, but I can't do both (on seperate channels). Manual supplied is obvioulsy from a Single Tuner variant, since it categorically state you CANNOT record one, and watch a second channel.

2. Off Tuner topic, I have an issue with unit startup. It takes several attempts with the remote before the unit displays "BOOT", and then activates. Why is this? I have to keep trying with the remote before this happens, though.

Cheer

Caracatus

First thing that you should do is update the firmware - the original firmware that came with the 3300 did not support dual tuners. ftp://ftp.dvico.com/Products/TViX/Firmw ... _1.8.2.zip
MediaLive

Previous

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330