[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Features Request

Features Request

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Re: Features Request

Postby maestroz » 03 Sep 2009, 18:54

I totally agree with you, the time management on this machine is crappy
the display on the device uses 24h notation but not the software using AM/PM notation (not used in France so it is quite tricky when you schedule a recording)
I had to set the time manually because there's no other way to make it work OK and indeed the epg time is often different from system time at least for a few seconds when you start the HDTV, then it is set OK
I too had a few scheduled recordings started on time but hanging for unknown reason (maybe related to the time mess)

I think what would be reasonable is :
- if time is set manually, every scheduled recording should refer to it and start no matter what EPG or anything else says
- there should be on option for time format (12 or 24 notation, avoiding to use AM/PM for non english speaking people)

The Tvix is in my opinion only usable for few advance users who can "tame the beast" to make it work (especially for non english speaking people). For instance, my parents would never be able to use it !
Quite a problem if you try to sell it all around the world, especially where new devices with sleek interface are reaching the market
maestroz

Postby glennmag » 11 Sep 2009, 01:09

Well,,, i was about to post how well my 3330 has been running lately. No freezes or reboots- by the way, im running 1.8.2 public firmware, manual time setting and fan on high 2.
However, tonight when i got home from work my box was illuminated with the display showing "wait". Obviously the box had awakened itself for a scheduled recording and got stuck. Yes, i have plenty of hard drive space- running a WD500Gb caviar green drive. Chk Disk comes up clean too.

Please Media Now, give DVICO a nudge to sort out these reliability issues. We spent our hard earned dollars on these boxes- they claim to be the "Ultimate PVR". A PVR thats unreliable is the "ultimate letdown".
glennmag

Postby MediaLive » 11 Sep 2009, 11:12

@glenmag,

could you please clarify this?

Are you having these recording issues with EPG based recordings, or time based as well?
MediaLive

Postby glennmag » 11 Sep 2009, 15:20

Manual scheduled recording. (the epg is unusable due to irregular time conflicts) Only 1 event set to record on that date. Channel 7sd @ 7.30pm- SP recording mode. 400gb free space on hard drive. Public firmware 1.8.2.
The only change ive made to the system lately is ive added an external hard drive via USB. However the ext drive was not powered on.

Thanks for participating medialive. Appreciate your attention. These little hiccups are annoying.
glennmag

Postby glennmag » 12 Sep 2009, 00:28

Tonights reliability hiccup.
Back to back recording. Manual scheduled recording 7.30pm to 8.30pm on channel "a", then 8.30pm to 9.40pm on channel "b". The manual recording schedule reported no conflict when i programmed these settings so i assumed it would work. Channel "a" records fine but channel "b" only recorded for 1 minute.
Now, i wasnt home to watch what was happening but im assuming the box powered down after the first recording and then rebooted for the second, realised it had missed the scheduled start and powered down again.

Hopefully a firmware update can fix this issue.
glennmag

Postby glennmag » 15 Sep 2009, 02:30

Tonights hiccup. Cant playback tonights second recording. Get a big red box saying "warning- cancel playback" and an OK button.
The recording is there, all 2.32gb of it. Transferred the tp. file to my Pc and it plays fine in "MPEG_Streamclip" software. I have no idea whats going on.
These glitches, hiccups and reliability issues are really starting to frustrate me.
glennmag

Postby maestroz » 15 Sep 2009, 17:35

For me tonight, the scheduled recording didn't even start, the front display read 'MP-Failure' for whatever that means !!
I've got an everyday recording that started to go wrong last friday, I don't know why.
The picture is awful and sometimes the player displays 'incompatible format'.
The channel I record has sometimes a strong signal and sometimes none at all but nothing has changed in my configuration
With an other HDTV decoder, no problem
The Tvix tuner is really a crappy piece of hardware, not sensitive at all or far too much, I don't know

MaestroZ
maestroz

Postby Malginn » 23 Sep 2009, 15:05

A nice feature would be the option to specify whether or not the unit shuts down after a scheduled recording - ie just a Yes/No option at the end of the manual schedule process. This should also provide a work around to the problem of consecutive scheduled recordings noted above.
Malginn

Postby glennmag » 26 Sep 2009, 15:01

Ive experimented with consecutive scheduled recordings and report they will work if you place a 1 min offset between them.
glennmag

Postby Malginn » 27 Sep 2009, 11:34

Thanks glennmag .. I'll probably never need it but it's good to know.
Malginn

PreviousNext

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330