[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Features Request

Features Request

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Features Request

Postby MediaLive » 23 Oct 2008, 16:35

Hi Guys,

I would like to encourage all Australian (and New Zealand) users in particular, to provide feedback here about features they would like to see implemented, improvements to existing features, etc.

We are in constant contact (almost daily) with DVICO and intend to work together, as much as we can, to make/keep these devices the best in their class, hopefully with your help.

Cheers
MediaLive

Re: Features Request

Postby maestroz » 18 May 2009, 18:33

Hi,
a feature I'd really like to see in R-3300 (and others) is subtitles support for DVB-T
One can change the language in some DVB-T streams but nor the subtitles. The Tuner should be able to do that, that's a minimum I guess

MaestroZ
maestroz

Postby Davomax » 05 Jun 2009, 16:16

Great question. And 180+ views, but only one response!! Weird.
OK, here's my wish list:
1) Ability to playback a pre-recorded show while another is being recorded - only need one tuner so can't be hard
2) Ability to start playback of a show currently being recorded - can sort of achieve this using liverecord, but doesn't help if it's a timer recording
3) Ability to add padding to EPG recording
4) Compatibility with IceTV
5) Ability to see the PVR on the network as another network device/drive
6) More intuitive remote. There are some great features are simply hidden behind meaningless symbols.
7) Option to set the playback time jump - default is 15 seconds only
8) Different audio output for music playback, so that music can be played back through an amp, not the TV. I can sort of do this by using HDMI to the TV and RCA to the amp.
9) Ability to manipulate folder structure without having to connect the USB interface to a PC.

Maybe some of these things are available now, and I just haven't found them - so please point this out.
Davomax

Postby Neilpark » 19 Aug 2009, 15:21

Better network functionality, ie cannot connect directly to a NAS, being able to see the device on the network and connect directly to it, without using FTP would be handy too!

Neil
Neilpark

Postby blipblip » 28 Aug 2009, 10:50

ICETV Compatibiity ??
I had heard it was compatible, now I hear its not :?
Ability to change skip times other than the 15 seconds.

I echo and second Davomaxes feature requests
blipblip

Postby blipblip » 30 Aug 2009, 11:43

I asked the question to tvix support about IceTV ..they said they are working on it !
So at least its on their list of to do's..

Currently my EPG displays the wrong time by an hour ?! anyone have this problem..can it be fixed ??

Now how about an open version of the firmware...anyone tried ?

It would be nice to have options...and no matter what your thoughts about hacking an OS...having more options can only be good for the consumer and Tvix as it makes the device more attractive to more people.

Little things like..being able to make the screen saver start when you want ..like when music is playing...tweaks and perhaps more that the Company would likely not focus on...could be made variable in an Open Tvix version.
blipblip

Postby glennmag » 31 Aug 2009, 11:12

All the stuff already mentioned plus-
The ability to record a channel and watch streaming networked media at the same time.
Live pause while recording another channel.
The EPG needs a major overhaul- slow to update if ever, you can only view one channel at a time, times seem to be all over the place- according to mine i had 3 shows all starting at 11.30pm on 7 tonight, and (yes blipblip) the EPG clock seems to sometimes differ from the display clock.
Reliability. ie Random freezes and reboots. Granted, it doesnt happen all that often but i have had about 6 so far and its bloody annoying. And its never the same thing causing crashes- 15 sec jumps through ads, navigating network folders, rapid channel surfing, changing channel after hitting instant record, going to a network file bookmark... Im sure its an overheating issue.
glennmag

Postby blipblip » 31 Aug 2009, 21:39

hey Glennmag
Glad its not just me having some reboots..I had four yesterday..wondering if we have a faulty batch ?!
I already asked Tvix support if any beta's are available to help... and they said we have the latest software already..so no sign of any soft fix.
blipblip

Postby blipblip » 02 Sep 2009, 16:58

Another feature that would be nice is the ability to play radio streams such as shoutcast..the Tvix can already play playlists ..so perhaps not so hard
blipblip

Postby Malginn » 03 Sep 2009, 16:05

blipblip wrote:
Currently my EPG displays the wrong time by an hour ?! anyone have this problem..can it be fixed ??

There's definitely something screwy with the time and with the calendar. I posted in the Newbie Comments thread started by Glennmag, but to re-iterate :

If I choose to "set time from TV" I may get EST or CST time displayed in the UI and I think it depends which channel's EPG I have most recently looked at - it appears some EPG entries originate from the EST zone and some are local (CST) time. At this point the time displayed on the UI and on the little blue screen may be in synch or 30mins out. I think this can cause problems with scheduled recordings - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Annoyingly every time I test scheduled recording during the day it all works fine but if I leave it to record overnight it sometimes doesn't record anything and is still running in the morning - as if it wakes up OK but then can't work out what to do. I wonder if it wakes up according to one clock but then checks the schedule against the other clock and finds the start time has already been passed?

I get similar sort of problems occur if I set the time manually - there still can be a conflict between the UI time and "blue screen" time.

I also noted a problem once only on Tuesday where the calendar showed the correct date (1/9) but claimed it was Monday. Probably no biggie.

I'm still trying stuff - if I find a foolproof method I'll post it.

Cheers
Malginn

Next

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330