[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Features Request

Features Request

Support, user tips and information on the DVICO TVIX R-3330
Forum rules
Find out more and buy the DVICO TVIX R-3330 at our online store

Re: Features Request

Postby lonestarr » 01 Oct 2009, 15:31

Have the player for 2 weeks now - here is my list - sent most of this to the support already though:

1. video playback while recording (media, recorded TV and if possible program currently recording) - according to the support it won't happen
2. recording of 2 shows at once - which may or may not impact #1 - according to the support it won't happen
3. IceTV EPG - according to the support is on the todo list
4. EPG time padding - TODO list
5. NAS function (not just buggy FTP) - won't happen
6. Info display for videos (avi etc.) does not seem correct, resolution seems correct, but it pretty much always says 37 Hz when it's 24
7. FTP server unstable (especially when switching between TV, radio and video - most likely crashes the box) - support says low memory issue, can't fix
8. US shows and movies seem to have more motion judder on my plasma than on my cheap HDMI DivX DVD player before - not sure who to blame
9. The red recording dot vanishes temporarily when changing volume - TODO list
10. When recording two shows back to back, the unit shuts down inbetween and misses the second show - TODO list
11. Shuts down (after a few seconds warning with the option to cancel) after recording even though it was switched on before or I am watching a different channel
12. Boot time is quite long for a device that is shutting down itself all the time. Is more than 30 seconds.
13. For some reason I ended up with corrupted files while transferring shows on / off the player - need to investigate this further - disk is new and I checked all blocks and it's fine - is also binary mode
14. An option to change the 15 seconds skip to 10, 15, 20, 30 - and also an option to reverse the buttons - don't think the down button should be skip forward
15. yes, an open source firmware version would be awesome, considering that the box is probably running linux anyway
16. Would prefer 1080p and more file formats, but that's a hardware restriction
17. General stability
18. Access to beta firmware versions (not sure if ftp://ftp.dvico.com/Products/TViX/Firmware/R3300/ is even the right place for release versions, since the version mine shipped with (1.7.4?2?) is not even there)

But yes, the more people input their ideas and bugs here the better - hopefully we will all be happier with this device with the next firmware version.
lonestarr

Previous

Return to DVICO TVIX R-3330